Tuesday 16 April 2013

Surprise Surprise!


I recently visited Newtownbreda High School and spoke at their Assembly.  It was great to meet a few of the teachers and chat with some of the pupils afterwards.  One of the teachers was both shocked and surprised to see me sitting on the Assembly platform when she entered the room!  The teacher in question is my best friend and the school kindly agreed to keep my visit a secret in order to surprise her!!!  Well done to Newtownbreda High School for their ongoing achievements and for the very generous donation which they gave to  my Concern  Worldwide, Mother and Child Survival Project in Burundi.

I also visited Drumlins Integrated Primary School in Ballynahinch.  I met with the P6 and P7 classes and the children interviewed me.  It was great fun and I really enjoyed answering their questions and was impressed by the research which they had done on myself.  I’d like to wish Drumlins IPS every success for the future and many thanks for their donation to my charity Waddle.

Just before the Easter holidays, I spoke at the Waterford Chamber of Commerce Business Event in the beautiful town of Waterford, Ireland.  The event was a great success and it was good to meet and chat with many of the delegates afterwards.  As the famous Waterford Crystal Factory was just literally around the corner from the hotel, I went along with two friends to do the visitors tour.  I had a smashing time!  It was absolutely fascinateing to see the whole process of how the crystal is made.  The friendly staff could not have been more  accommadateing and helpful, especially with myself.  I was able to hold and feel many of the pieces and they were not a bit upset when I dropped a large fruit bowl, smashing it to smitherines, oops!!!  Well, actually, the tour guide asked me to smash it!!!  Waterford Crystal only produce perfect pieces and anything with a slight imperfection is broken down and recycled!  I think they must have the best stress management  programme in all of Ireland!  Lol.  My sincerest thanks to the staff and craftsmen and continued success  for the future.  

No comments:

Post a Comment