Monday 4 February 2013

Time Flies!


2012 ended very quietly for me, as I had another round of surgery just before Christmas!  I’m well on the mend now and have started slowly back into things.

On Mon 14th Jan, I attended the Belfast Telegraph Sports Awards.  It was a great event and fabulous to see so many of our Sports stars receive richly deserved recognition.

On Tues 15th Jan I went along to a terrific event at lisburn Leisure Plex.  As Freeman of the City, I was both delighted and very proud to see Lisburn announced as 2013 European City of Sport!  Lisburn is the first City in the UK and Ireland to receive such a prestigious honor and I’m looking forward to attending many planned upcoming events.

On Thurs 17th Jan, I went to visit and speak to 1st Kilbride Guide Troup in Ballyclare.  I had a great night meeting and chatting with many of the girls and I was thrilled when they presented me with a cheque for £120 for the lady Taverners!  The Guides had done the fund raising themselves for my charity, so I’d like to say a very big ‘thank you and well done!’ to 1st Kilbride Guides and their leaders!

The exciting news is that, I have recently become an Ambassador for the Management Leadership Network!

The Management Leadership Network (MLN), is run by Podiem(People & Organisation Development…Integration…Event Management)   MLN is a not for profit entity designed to inspire Management and Leadership within n.I..

I was delighted to be invited to become an Ambassador for MLN and I have just recorded my first MLN Ambassador Video Article which you can view at:

The courses and eventsrun by MLN are a valuable asset to the business community and at a recent event, I enjoyed meeting and listening to Mr. Sean Gallagher, Business Icon and runner up in the Irish Presidential Election!
Link:  www.mln.org.uk

I did a Mentoring Course last Nov and am now mentoring paralympic athletes on a voluntary bases!  It’s agood challenge for me and it’s great to be able to help some of our young up and coming athletes!  
Well, it’s time now to get back into the gym and the pool to get the fitness up for the upcoming ski season, so I’d better go and hoke out my trainers!   

Wishing you all a very happy healthy and successful 2013!

No comments:

Post a Comment