Wednesday 13 June 2012

Titanic Reading on Radio Ulster



In April I found myself caught up with all the hype and excitement of the Titanic Centeenery Celebrations and was thrilled to be invited to read  one of the Titanic Letters on Radio Ulster.  In order for me to read the letter, I memorised it and then we recorded it and it was the final letter to go out on 17th April.

The letter was an actual letter written by one of the survivors, a young girl called Mary, who was travelling home to America on board the Titanic with her Mother  on that fateful night. 

Reading the letter, I was struck by the horror, panic, sense of futility, fear, pending doom and immense loss, which Mary and her mother, Elizabeth were experiencing.  It was an amazing feeling to be reading Mary’s words one hundred years later!




No comments:

Post a Comment