Saturday 30 June 2012

On yer bike! Sign Up Now... please.


A few months ago, I was invited to join lots of cyclists in the New Life Cycle Challenge to promote organ donation.  I was thrilled, but thought I’d better get on my bike!!!

I saddled up on the tandem with our Health Minister, Edwin Poots, who started the challenge at the Royal Hospital, for Sick Children on Saturday morning.  Minister Poots and I cycled from the City Hospital to Lagan Valley Hospital in Lisburn, where all the cyclists were warmly welcomed and after some well deserved lunch, various speakers, including myself said a few words on the importance of signing the Donar Register.



The challenge will travel around the Province over the next 6 days, visiting all the hospitals, so watch out and cheer on all the transplant recipients and their friends and families!

The most precious gift we can ever give…..is life!!!   So if you are not already on the register…..sign up now!!! - CLICK HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment